01/17/22 8:13 PM EST
Quote delayed 20 minutes
News and Data
About Leggett & Platt
Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) is a diversified manufacturer that designs and produces a broad variety of engineered components and products that can be found in most homes and automobiles. The 139-year-old company is comprised of 15 business units, approximately 20,000 employees, and over 130 manufacturing facilities located in 18 countries. Leggett & Platt is one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies.
Leggett & Platt is the leading U.S.-based manufacturer of: a) bedding components; b) automotive seat support and lumbar systems; c) specialty bedding foams and private label finished mattresses; d) components for home furniture and work furniture; e) flooring underlayment; f) adjustable beds; and g) bedding industry machinery.
Investors tend to appreciate Leggett & Platt’s:
- Annual dividend increases – 50 consecutive years
- Significant market positions
- Strong cash flow and solid balance sheet
- Management's stock ownership and deferral of cash compensation
- Candor and "down to earth" culture